Fallout is a series of satirical post-apocalyptic role-playing video games. It was created by Interplay Entertainment. The series is set during the 22nd and 23rd centuries, and its atompunk retrofuturistic setting and artwork are influenced by the post-war culture of 1950s America, with its combination of hope for the promises of technology and the lurking fear of nuclear annihilation.
List of all Fallout video games[править]
- Fallout (1997)
- Fallout 2 (1998)
- Fallout 3 (2008)
- Fallout 4 (2015)
- Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel (2001) (Declared as semi-canonical by current owner)
- Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (2004) (This only video game declared offically non-canonical by both original and current owners)
- Fallout: New Vegas (2010)
- Fallout Shelter (2015)
- Fallout 76 (2018)
The video games series take places alternate history that sets also in far-future after 2077 where The "Great War" takes place with all human society are still stuck in the 1950s (with some occasional 1960s). After the Great War, It happens all games take place random year were to play various unnamed people either from Vault or not like Vault Dweller, Chosen One, Courier or Vault Survivor to either help people or doom them in Post-War era.
Futurist and Transhumanist content[править]
Because of setting takes place in alternate future Atompunk retrofuturistic world, there a lot of Futurist and Transhumanist contents appear in video game franchise.
Factions that are both openly Transhumanist and Futurist[править]
- The Institute - Are founded by their original students and staff's descendants are going of continuing their descendants legacy of their Pre-War scientific and intellectual ways. Their technology were reasons they become a threat and main plotline in Fallout 4 by other three main factions (including Eastern Chapter of Brotherhood of Steel) that player can join.
- Think Tanks - Are a group of Pre-War surviving scientists in Big Mountain that transplanted their Brains into literal Think Tanks to continue to keep experiment outsiders through horrible ways.
Factions that are openly Futurist but not Transhumanist[править]
- Enclave - Since they are remnant of original but corrupted US federal government, they used to be the technologically advanced faction alongside with Brotherhood of Steel until after events of Fallout 2 and Fallout 3 they become politically irrelevant to all factions and everyone in Wasteland.
- Brotherhood of Steel - They were a remnant of the former platoon division of US Army 'seceded' three days before Great War happen. When they leave the Mariposa Military Base with all their Military Power Armor to survive radiated wasteland to call home. Their descendants keep their tradition that unfortunately disallowed 'dangerous' science and technology from wrongs hands, especially in the Post-War era world.
- The Strip (or in-game as Mr. House faction) led by Mr. Robert House after being activated several decades later after Great War happened and officially become player as he releases an army of Secutrions to establish order of already Anarchic Las Vegas Strip and successfully getting treaty by NCR from being Annexed seven years before events of Fallout: New Vegas.
Factions that are openly Transhumanist or 'Transmutantist'[править]
- The Unity - Was an ideological movement that believes becoming Mutant is next step of ending anything cause made by Humans is make them into part of Unity.
List of Futurist and Transhumanist-like elements[править]
- Morphological freedom - Fallout 1 and Fallout 3 DLC Broken Steel (with between of beliving Mutant is better than being Human by the Master's ideological belief and similar thing in Broken Steel DLC with cult founder Mother Curie III's theological belief that becoming Ghoul is next step of Human evolution.)
- Artificial intelligence and Sentient rights - Fallout 4 and Far Harbor DLC (Played in main and major plots of both main game and DLC with The Institute's Synths (or Android in Fallout 3) is main reason why everyone who isn't part of The Institute was hated in first place. And some Synths has developing human-like personalities also become even hating their makers of not supporting their freedom as independent race, which some them building community way far north-eastern called the Island from returned to be deprogrammed)